POSITIONS AVAILABLE (3):
STAFF FORESTER, LANDVEST TIMBERLAND, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS (NH, ME)
Do you possess the drive and commitment necessary to succeed in the forestry consulting world? Are you an innovative thinker interested in helping us support and grow our forestry consulting business and achieve rewards for those efforts? If so, then we want to talk with you.
LandVest is looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, and dedicated professional for an entry/mid-level Forester position to serve our regional offices in Concord, NH, West Stewartstown, NH and Clayton Lake, ME. These offices provide forestry consulting services to a significant client list with a wide range of property sizes and ownership objectives. The position will initially involve primarily field work focusing on inventory and harvest operations. As the candidate gains experience, responsibilities will grow to include preparing forest management plans, generating new business and maintaining existing client relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operations: Field work involving planning and laying out of harvest units, marking timber, inspecting active harvest operations and closeout, maintaining timber sale records, collecting GPS data.
- Inventory: Collecting field data, following LandVest cruise protocols, and preparing cruise reports.
- Other Field Work: Boundary work, road and trail layout and other assigned field tasks.
- Office: Management plan development, project administration, data analysis.
- Regional Projects: Occasional travel in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic US to participate in regional projects.
- Other: Over time, the successful candidate will be expected to generate new projects, and develop relationships with new clients.
- Consulting forestry positions often require long days and occasional week-end work, outdoors year-round in all weather conditions. Local travel is frequent and overnight stays will be required occasionally. Successful candidate should be prepared for this.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Forestry/Forest Technology from an SAF accredited program.
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
- 2-5 years of operations related field experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to implement northern hardwood silviculture, planning and supervision of harvest operations and cruising and inventory skills.
- Good computer skills in most elements of Microsoft Office; GPS and introductory GIS skills.
- Successful candidate must provide a reliable 4WD vehicle. LandVest reimburses mileage for the use of personal vehicles.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills.
- Benefits include medical, dental, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Incentives paid for generating new work and meeting budgets (profit sharing).
- Respond with well written, compelling letter of application and resume to:
Timberland Region Manager
W. Stewartstown, NH 03576
BOSTON, MA - MARKETING INTERN POSITIONS
For more information on available positions, please send an email with your resume and let us know what your strengths and interests are to email@example.com.
For General Inquiries Contact LandVest's HR Department
Jessica Mackenzie - 1.617.723.1800